Playa Carrillo

Playa Carrillo

Friday, January 21, 2011

Return to our second home!




It's been 7 months and it seems like we never left. The dirt roads are worse for wear, I guess there was a lot of flooding this rainy season and Hurricane Herman left it's mark on all the beaches. The beaches aren't as pristine this time, there is a lot of debris that the ocean hasn't taken back out to sea yet. I hear the fishing isn't as good either because the water is still so murky.  A lot of our old friends are still and it's been so nice catching up. The Spanish congregation is all the same people and they shook their heads when they realized my Spanish has gotten worse instead of better! I told them in my Spanish/English Candace language that life got in the way and my Spanish lessons unfortunately were the first to go. Tonight is our first meeting so I hope some Spanish comes back to me because only the Congregation Bible Study is in English.

Thursday Marty and I attempted to go out in service. What a shock to our systems to go from 30 degree weather to 90! We lasted 2 hours and had to go back. We were tired, sweaty and hungry. Finn was listless on my back and asked to please go home. We bought him an ice cream at the little store and walked the 2 miles on the dusty road back home. Friday service was better, we had a car with air conditioning that day and we worked some Spanish and English territory in a little town called Estrada. Don't worry, we'll get back into the swing of things! It's nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment