Playa Carrillo

Playa Carrillo

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our English Group


So things are quite different this year to say the least. Last year the brother sent to be in charge of the English group almost died from hemorrhagic dengue fever and had to go back to the states in July. Since then the English group has had no direction and faded away during the rest of the rainy season. So now it is January, the weather is getting better and more English speaking visitors are starting to come. But there still isn't anyone taking the lead at the moment. So....it's been a challenge for us. We had our first English Watchtower Study Saturday night, but no public talk. There were 6 adults and 4 children! I know this is  an awful picture but it's the only one I have. So the key is to study very well, we all have to answer about 10-20 times! Even Finn gave like 5 comments last night. We kinda knew what we were getting ourselves into this time so we prepared ourselves. If we go out in English service, we definitely have to make arrangements ahead of time and rent a car. Our closest English territory is about a half hour drive down a bumpy dirt road. But our car group had some nice calls Saturday morning. Everyone at least let us read a scripture and took the Truth Tract. Marty and I will rent a car on Wednesdays and Fridays and make plans with our small English group to work a specific English area. On Tuesdays and possibly Thursdays, I'll join the Spanish Congregation with their local territory. I wish, I wish I kept up with my Spanish lessons when I got home last year!! I can get by though, if I go on a study, I practice reading a few shorter paragraphs and I have a presentation prepared for the Truth Tract-my go to for everyone. Oh yah, we took this picture yesterday of the bee hive connected to the outside of our house! Someone is coming tomorrow to remove it.  It's pretty cool!




  

2 comments:

  1. Wow I'm proud of you guys! That's a challenge to say the least. Cant wait to swap stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi miss u guys. Love the pics. I look forward to hearing more about what's going on there. Nina

    ReplyDelete