Playa Carrillo

Playa Carrillo

Wednesday, January 20, 2010


I finally made it out in service! Finn is still sick so Marty had to stay home. I think he was a little relieved though because today was Spanish territory. My first day and I had to do it in Spanish! One of the sister's visiting from Michigan helped me put a presentation together and I just read it to the householder. Spanish literature is a little hard to come by, so I offered a track and asked if i could come back. If they said yes, I left them with a question, Who is God? That way I can go right into the first chapter of the teach book on the return visit. If they are still interested, I leave them a copy in Spanish and start a study. To think that I will be expected to start studies in Spanish is overwhelming. But from what I hear, it can be done. The sister from Michigan has only been here two months, no Spanish experience and is conducting 4 studies. I have renewed zeal to practice my Rosetta Stone for a hour per night!

We met for service today at a Y in the road, that's what the first picture is of. The second picture is us working door to door, way different from home! The English group only has organized service times about 3 days a week. Most of the English territory is unmapped and needs a lot of help because it expands such a far distance. The days that we work in English, we drive to particular areas and towns that we know are mostly English speaking. You can totally tell an American home from a Tico home! More to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Have you had much response in the territory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. You're gonna know more spanish than me. It sounds so exciting.

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete